Friday, November 03, 2006

Authenticity and credibility

There’s an article in todays’ UK Guardian Newspaper about the inventor of the World Wide Web, Tim Berners-Lee. The article states “He singles out the rise of blogging as one of the most difficult areas for the continuing development of the web, because of the risks associated with inaccurate, defamatory and uncheckable information.”

A very important point, and relevant to some of the issues that I’ve raised here.

The question of authenticity and credibility is crucial: I’m happy to send a copy of my resume to any-one interested in checking this out (as long as you promise not to use it to 419 anyone).

I’ve worked as an IT consultant in London for companies including Sony, Texaco, Polygram, Morgan Stanley, and EDS, which I feel gives me a valid basis to comment on the activities within the EoPSD project. Before coming to Nigeria I also completed an MSc in Internet Engineering at the University of East London; coincidently a college with a lot of Nigerian students.

It’s interesting to see that the EoPSD website has now been tidied up, including the removal of the C.V. of one of the consultants acting as “project advisor

No comments: