Sunday, November 05, 2006

A little light relief

One of the best things about working in Nigeria is peoples sense of humour; strange that we never hear about this in the West when reading media reports about Africa.

Anyway, here's a link to a post on a site called E-Budo.

This is a discussion site for people involved in martial arts. The first time that I visited Africa was almost by accident. My Shorinji Kempo teacher is a WSKO (World Shorinji Kempo Organisation) instructor, which means that he is sent to various countries to teach seminars. On this occasion the venues were in Kenya and Tanzania. He invited me to accompany him to "carry his bags".
I've travelled a lot in Europe and to Japan and the U.S.A. and Canada, but never had a desire to go to Africa; however I found something there that really attracted me. It's hard to quantify, but was really concerned with the spirit of the people; somehow I felt a real connection.
History tells us that Africa is the Motherland for us all; where humanity originated.

No comments: